File online for FREE!
Wayne County Action Program
Job Description 2015
Job Title: Crew Member FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
DOL Job #49-9042
Department: Weatherization Reports To: Crew Leader
Crew Member works with Crew Leader to weatherize dwellings in Ontario and Wayne County as per the Weatherization contract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install window glass and re-glaze windows, install windows to include reframing and re-studding when needed.
• Install window glass or repair primary doors, install weather-strip kits, door sweeps, thresholds, modernization kits and locksets on doors.
• Perform carpentry work; perform minor roof repairs to protect Weatherization material.
• Repair foundation and drywall as needed to prevent air infiltration.
• Install various insulation materials.
• Ability to remove and re-install all types of siding in order to blow cellulose into sidewall, attics and install vents.
• Operate a cellulose insulation machine.
• Repair heating distribution systems, install duct work and seal duct work. Assist on installation of heating systems.
• Be aware of working with lead safe practices.
• Maintain a clean and safe work site.
• Other duties as assigned.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent; three months related experience and/or training preferred.
• Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• This position requires no computer skills.
Certificates and Licenses:
• Valid driver’s license.
• This position requires no supervision responsibilities.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; talk or hear and taste or smell.
• All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
• This document does not create an employee contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
I have read and received a copy of this job description.
Employee Signature Date
- Job Title: Director C
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
DOL Job #11-2011,13-1111, and 11-9151
Department: Advantage After School
- Reports To: Family Programming Administrator
The Advantage Director will maintain multi-site supervision and coordination of educational program for youth ages 5 to 13, in collaboration with designated Wayne County School Districts. The director will ensure strict compliance with NYS daycare regulations, staff training, community program promotion, school district relations and parent interaction.
• Bachelors Degree, with 12 credits in Elementary Education or SACC credentials, and three years experience with children or program administration.
- Job Title: Home Base Visitor
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- $14.00hr 37.5hrs/wk 52wks
DOL Job # Combo T
- Reports To: HFWC Director
Department: Healthy Families Wayne County
The Home Base Visitor will work with families in their home to plan, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive and developmentally appropriate curriculum to address the needs of the child. The Home Visitor is responsible for parent and community partnerships, nutrition, education, mental health according to Healthy Families America (HFA) Best Practice Standards and other pertinent regulations.
• Must have a High School diploma, or equivalent.
• Experience in working with or providing services for children and families.
• Experience and willingness to work with culturally diverse populations that are present among the program’s target population.
Thank you for your service! (Not pictured: Charles Wolcott and Tara Henries)