At the Wayne County Action Program, Inc. we strive to serve every Veteran in Wayne County in some capacity. Whether they are a participant in any one of our programs, or are a volunteer within the agency, every Veteran gets top priority here at Wayne CAP.
Our Services for Veterans include:
- The Success Center Transitional House, which offers housing, support, job search advocacy, and emergency services to the homeless, with a priority given to homeless Veterans.
- The Wayne CAP Works Program, which offers culinary job skills training and customer service training, as well as résumé assistance and a variety of other classes. Space is limited and Veterans are given priority, followed by members of military families.
- The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) and Foster Grandparent Program offer volunteer opportunities for Veterans who are 55 or older. Veterans can help Veterans by driving the recipients to and from medical appointments.
- Head Start and Early Head Start offer education programs for children and support for their parents.
- Advantage Afterschool offers enrichment programs for children after the school day while their parents may still be at work.
- Youth and Family Intervention offers respite care and parental skills enhancement programs.
- The Weatherization Assistance Program offers assistance in the weatherization of housing which leads to savings on heating expenses.
The Wayne County Action Program, Inc.’s Success Center Transitional House Program welcomes Sarah Vonderohe aboard as the new Veteran Specialist. The Success Center Transitional House, a six-month transitional housing program for homeless individuals in Wayne County, NY, has had the opportunity to offer priority assistance to Veterans based on its partnership with the Veterans’ Administration. Sarah will be assisting the Veterans in the program with finding stable housing, as well as working towards building life skills to become self-sufficient. To contact our Veteran Specialist, please call 315.483.8080 or click here to Email Me .